Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thanks to Gary and Dave at Replicast.



Today I took the KTM 690 motor to Replicast, where Gary Dawson said I could have a go at sizing things up. I would especially like Dave who took the time and trouble to strip their motor out of the chassis and help me jiggle the KTM motor about. Cheers. Please visit their website by clicking here: Replicast UK Racing






I knew the engine would be a tight fit from the start, but it is only guess work untill you offer it upto the chassis itself.


















As a complete unit it was obvious it would not go in but once Dave and I split the motor down we then could offer the crankcase halfs into the chassis.





















There are many issues to consider when approching such a task - and the chain run is one of the most important ones.
It was clear that as much as I wanted to make it happen it wasn't going to.




































No comments: