Sunday, September 7, 2008

Slippery when wet.





Weather was dry for first race.

Man, that Paton is fast! Olli Linsdell shot off on it and neither Lea nor I could catch him. I took 3rd.
A sidecar incident spread oil round the entire track just as the heavens opened.

It's difficult to clear up oil from a wet track in the rain, so the tractor and a load of detergent was called for!

You can imagine that when, on Betty we were the first riders to try it out, the last thing I was going to do was stick my neck out. Another 3rd.

An hour or so later and it was only just a little better for the 500 race.
Olli and the Paton won and as Lea tried so hard to catch him and nearly crashed several times, he gifted me 2nd.

Last races of the day were rescheduled to this morning so I now have 7 today!

No comments: