Friday, July 18, 2008

Weekend at home





I thought I would have loads of time to drop the new motor in to the frame run it up on a Dyno and then "hey presto" we would be ready to rock and roll.


But as often happens I ran out of time whilst on the Dyno when we found a huge hole in the mid range and a problem just before peak power.


There is nothing wrong with Peter's motor it has huge potential, Robbie Silvester and I spent loads of time trying an assortment of things to identify the problem, but to no avail.


We ended up with a similar BHP figure as the original motor but the shape of the curve overall was poor, so I decided to pull the plug on this weekend's races and reschedule for the next Bemsee meeting.


This will give us plenty of time to identify and rectify the issue and show just what Peter Day can produce, a reliable top flight machine.

I know I've ridden his OW01's for many races and won on them too!

No comments: